All our vacancies are also advertised in the NZ Education Gazette.
We currently have the following vacancies:
Relief Teacher and Relief Teacher Assistant Positions – immediate start
We require relief teachers and relief teacher assistants to cover staff absences during term time. The successful applicants will work in all areas of the school with students who have an intellectual disability and some with challenging behaviours.
Previous experience working with children and young adults who have special needs is highly desirable.
If you are able to work on an as-needed basis then we would love to hear from you.
Please contact the Assistant Principal, Linda King, by phoning the school on 03 3516743 between 9.00 a.m. and 3.00 p.m. or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
English, Health and Physical Education, Learning languages, Mathematics and Statistics, Science, Social Sciences, Technology, Te Reo Māori, The Arts.
With a roll of 138 students aged from 5 to 21 at present, we are entering an exciting time in our development with planning underway for the construction of a new school on the new West Belfast Primary site.The school has a vision of Ko te Kura, Ko te Hāpori, Ko Tātou – Toward Community Inclusion, and the Board are focused on looking to opportunities in the future to progress this vision for our learners.Opportunities to make a real difference in a school such as ours do not come along that often and if you have what we are looking for, don’t wait to find out more!
The qualities our community has said they want in their new principal are:
- Experience in leadership in an educational setting
- Understands the needs of our students and is an advocate for them
- Is a strong communicator within a wide range of diverse contexts
- Models our core values of Whanaunatanga (belonging), Mana Motuhake (independence), Atawhai (generosity) and Tutukitanga (success)
- Has a proven ability to build and maintain productive relationships with students, parents, staff and on a wider basis with those involved with the school.
For an information package and application form for this position please contact:
57 Oakwood Drive, Christchurch
(027) 232 4924
Applications for this position close on Friday, August 7th 2020.